A Tribute to the Dairy Cow
Behold the Dairy Cow,
An Engineering Miracle
Let us pay homage to her and thank God for this gentle, friendly creature that truly serves mankind more completely than any other.
- She is a mobile manufacturing plant that produces, annually, up to twenty times her own weight in highly refined human food (milk).
- She transports the entire factory to a source of raw materials (grass).
- She selects the best raw materials available by using self-contained scanning sensors (eyes), mechanical grinders (teeth, tongue, and jaws) and chemical sensors (smell and taste).
- Housed in this factory is an indoor farm where living organisms (special bacteria) consume some of the otherwise indigestible raw materials and convert them into animal products which are then digested and used to manufacture milk.
- In the factory, the entire system is powered by the same raw materials used in the manufacturing plant.
- To power it, a magnificent pump (heart) pushes 12 tons of liquid fuel (blood) daily through chemical converters (mammary glands) which make highly refined and nutritious milk.
- It is stored in a flexible tank (udder) which she transports to a central location where the milk can be mechanically harvested.
- Some of the milk is then changed by people into many varieties of cheese, ice cream, yogurt, dry milk powder, and butter.
- Now comes the real miracle. While doing this she produces another little manufacturing plant (calf) and gives it birth. During her lifetime, she will produce several more replacements.
~Phil Porter, 1990